EuroLinux 8.3 Release Notes
Dynamic programming languages
Later versions of the following components are now available:
- Node.js 14 - module
- Perl 5.30 - module
- PHP 7.4 - module
- Ruby 2.7 - module
- Java 11 with OpenJDK - new version of Open Java Development Kit (OpenJDK) is now available as standalone rpms packages.
Web and Database servers
Later versions of the following components are now available
- nginx 1.18 - module
The following compiler toolsets have been updated in EL 8.3:
- GCC Toolset 10 - software collection
- LLVM Toolset 10.0.1 - module
- Rust Toolset 1.45.2 - module
- Go Toolset 1.14.7 - module
EuroLinux 8.3 provides Ansible roles for automated deployments of Policy-Based Decryption (PBD) solutions using Clevis and Tang. New version of the package
rhel-system-rolesadds an Ansible role for EuroLinux logging through Rsyslog.
The USBGuard framework now provides:
- its own SELinux policy
- notification for user in GUI
- multiple enhancement and bug fixes
General updates and improvements
- Git was updated to version 2.27
- Squid was updated to version 4.11
- The Tuned system tuning tool has been rebased to version 2.13. This version adds support for architecture-dependent tuning and ability to use multiple include directives.
The Rivest Cipher 4 (RC4) cipher suite, the default encryption type for users, services, and trusts between Active Directory domains in an Active Directory forest, has been deprecated in EuroLinux 8. For compatibility, this release introduces cryptographic subpolicy named AD-SUPPORT to enable support for this deprecated encryption type. The new subpolicy allows you to use RC4 with EuroLinux IPA and SSSD Active Directory.
The web console
The cockpit web console provides an option to switch between superuser access and limited access from inside of a user session.
Desktop and graphics
The Direct Rendering Manager (DRM) kernel graphics subsystem has been rebased to upstream Linux kernel version 5.6. It provides a number of enhancements over the previous versions, including support for new GPUs and APUs.